Advertisements
Home > CRM 2011, Plug-Ins > Fetching user security roles using Linq in CRM 2011 Plug-in’s

Fetching user security roles using Linq in CRM 2011 Plug-in’s

Hi,

Below is the sample code to fetch the User’s security roles based on the “User Id” in the Plug-in’s using Linq

        /// <summary>

/// Returns the list of User security role names

/// </summary>

private List<string> GetUserRoles(IOrganizationService service, Guid userId) {

// Create Query Expression to fetch Role Entity

var query = new QueryExpression

{

// Setting the link entity condition and filter condition criteria/

LinkEntities =

{

new LinkEntity

{

LinkFromEntityName = “role”,

LinkFromAttributeName = “roleid”,

LinkToEntityName = “systemuserroles”,

LinkToAttributeName = “roleid”,

LinkCriteria = new FilterExpression

{

FilterOperator =

LogicalOperator.And,

Conditions =

{

new ConditionExpression

{

AttributeName =  “systemuserid”,

Operator =    ConditionOperator.Equal,

Values =

{

userId

}

}

}

}

}

},

ColumnSet = new ColumnSet(true),

EntityName = “role”

};

// Obtain results from the query expression.

var userRoles = service.RetrieveMultiple(query);

// Get the usre role names collection

var roleNames = new List<string>();

if (userRoles != null)   {

roleNames.AddRange(

from entrole in userRoles.Entities

select entrole as Role

into role

where role != null && role.RoleId != null

select role.Name);

}

return roleNames;

}

How do I call this method :-

  • In your plug-in, pass the service and User Id as parameters to this method

public void Execute(IServiceProvider serviceProvider) {

context = (IPluginExecutionContext)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IPluginExecutionContext));

var serviceFactory = (IOrganizationServiceFactory)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IOrganizationServiceFactory));

var service = serviceFactory.CreateOrganizationService(context.UserId);

// Get the current users Security Roles Name’s

Var roleNames = GetUserRoles(service, this.context.UserId);

}

Hope it helps 🙂

Advertisements
  1. dpantara
    March 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

    hi,

    I got error in this code “from entrole in userRoles.Entities”

    could you give advise how to fix it?

    thanks.

  2. March 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM

    Hello,
    Can you please post the error details.

    • dpantara
      March 6, 2012 at 7:11 AM

      hi..
      I have fix it, that’s the simple issue, I haven’t add reference from system.linq

      sorry its my bad 🙂

      btw thanks for your article its very helpfully for my new snipped code

  3. May 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM

    This routine isn’t bringing back all the known roles for a user

  4. May 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM

    My bad, works find, here’s the LinQ join to make up for it…

    from r in RoleSet
    join s in SystemUserRolesSet on r.RoleId equals s.RoleId
    where s.SystemUserId == Guid.Parse(“933a9592-93a1-df11-8770-0050568f359c”)
    select r

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: