Archive

Archive for June 9, 2012

Deleting notes attachments using jscript in CRM 2011

Hi,

In CRM, we can add files as attachments to the Notes.

Notes with attachment

Notes with attachment

  • All the notes get saved in to “Annotation” entity in the data base.
  • The attachment information get saved in to below columns of “Annotation” entity
    • Document Body
    • File Name
    • File Size
    • Is Document
Notes with attachments - Data base columns

Notes with attachments – Data base columns

Deleting attachments using  script:-

To delete the attachment using jscript,

  • Update the “Document Body,File Name,File Size” fields to null
  • And “IsDocument = false” using OData as below

function deleteAttachments(){

var notesId = {GUID of notes};

var objNotes = new Object();

objNotes.DocumentBody = null;

objNotes.FileName = null;

objNotes.FileSize = null;

objNotes.IsDocument = false;

updateRecord(notesId, objNotes, “AnnotationSet”);

}

function updateRecord(id, entityObject, odataSetName) {

var jsonEntity = window.JSON.stringify(entityObject);

var serverUrl = Xrm.Page.context.getServerUrl();

var ODATA_ENDPOINT = “/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc”;

var updateRecordReq = new XMLHttpRequest();

var ODataPath = serverUrl + ODATA_ENDPOINT;

updateRecordReq.open(‘POST’, ODataPath + “/” + odataSetName + “(guid'” + id + “‘)”, false);

updateRecordReq.setRequestHeader(“Accept”, “application/json”);

updateRecordReq.setRequestHeader(“Content-Type”, “application/json; charset=utf-8”);

updateRecordReq.setRequestHeader(“X-HTTP-Method”, “MERGE”);

updateRecordReq.send(jsonEntity);

}

🙂

 

The maximum array length quota has been exceeded – Error in WCF service

June 9, 2012 1 comment

Hi,

I was getting below exception when I call a WCF service from my plug – in

There was an error deserializing the object of type XYZ. The maximum array length quota (16384) has been exceeded while reading XML data

Below was my requirement,

  • I have to send emails with attachments from my plugin
  • So I built a custom WCF Email service
  • From the plug-in we are calling service method by passing object

I have no clue about the error, because I already given maximum reader quote values in my service configuration (Refer below)

Service Configuration:- 

Binding:-

<basicHttpBinding>

<binding name=”basicHttp_EmailService” openTimeout=”00:30:00″

receiveTimeout=”00:30:00″ sendTimeout=”00:30:00″ maxBufferSize=”2147483647″

maxBufferPoolSize=”2147483647″ maxReceivedMessageSize=”2147483647″>

<readerQuotas

maxDepth=”2147483647” maxStringContentLength=”2147483647

maxArrayLength=”2147483647” maxBytesPerRead=”2147483647

maxNameTableCharCount=”2147483647

/>

Service

<service name=”EmailService“>

After spending couple of hard hours I found the reason & fix for the issue

Reason:-

  • My service is simply ignoring my binding “basicHttp_EmailService” and it’s always taking default binding
  • Reason is
    • My configuration service name does not match with service name in Service Host
    • The name I given is “EmailService” where it has to be “XYZ. EmailService”

Fix :-

  • Right click your “.svc” file and choose “View Markup”
  • Copy the Service name and paste it in your service name
WCF Service Host

WCF Service Host

  • Now my Service configuration looks below

<service name=”XYZ.EmailService“>

🙂